I. General regulations
1. 21st Century Medicine – International Medical Congress for Students and Young Doctors, further named a Congress, is a forum designated as both the exchange of knowledge and scientific experience and a competition among students and young medical scientists.
2. The Congress will be held on the 6th of April 2019 in Medical University of Lublin in Poland.
3. The Congress is organized by the Chair and Department of Epidemiology and Clinical Research Methodology MUL and Young Medics Organization (member of EMSA) together with the partners.
4. All students from medical, pharmaceutical, paramedical, psychological, social, biological, chemical and other faculties associated with medicine can become participants of the Congress. We also invite Young Doctors to participate.
II. The conditions of participation
1. The circumstances under which a person can become either passive or active participant of the Congress is to fulfil all the requirements stated below:
a) Online registration
b) Receiving of a confirmation email from organizers of the Congress. In case you don’t receive the confirmation within 72 hours you may have to contact us by e-mail on address: firstname.lastname@example.org
c) Payment of the registration fee between the 18th of February and the 21th of March 2019. In case of no payment a registered participant will be deleted from the list of participants of Congress and informed by an email.
2. There are two forms of participation:
a) passive participant - a person that fulfilled all of the abovementioned requirements, will receive a certificate of participation in the Congress along with booklets and gadgets. All workshops and integrational meeting are included in the fee. Co-author of the paper, who is not presenting is also called a passive participant.
b) active participant – a person that fulfilled all of the abovementioned requirements will have a chance to present his/her paper as a PowerPoint presentation or a science poster (A1 format). You will receive a certificate of participation in the Congress, certificate of presentation along with booklets and gadgets. All workshops and integrational meeting are included in the fee.
3. Maximal number of 5 authors per paper is allowed. The supervisor of the paper should be stated separately. One of the authors will orally present the subject of their topic using Power Point presentation/science poster. Only one author is allowed to present a paper, while all the authors may take part in the discussion. It is required, that all papers have a science supervisor from a university.
4. The application is considered as accepted/rejected when the participant receives an email with the decision. Otherwise you have to contact the organizers in 7 day notice to resolve the problem of the delay.
III. Rules of the Conference
1. The deadline for registration is 17th of March 2019. After this date the registration won’t be possible, unless stated otherwise.
2. Organizers arrange a schedule of the Conference and they have a right to apply changes. A detailed conference program will be available on the website of the Congress on 1st April and it is indicative. The hours may be changed, so the active participants should appear at the beginning of each session. Delays resulting from random situations will be evaluated individually by the organizing committee.
3. Organizers are not responsible for the belongings of participants that might be lost, destroyed or stolen during the Conference.
4. Participants are fully responsible for any damage they cause during the Congress.
5. Participants are fully responsible for all the content and information presented, for example the logo, advertisements, banners, stands, roll-ups, presentations etc. Participants are also fully responsible for all the statements delivered during presentations.
6. Participants are obligated to obey the safety rules, as well as instructions and organizational/technical advices issued by the organizers.
1. The rule of participation is to pay a registration fee to the 7 days after getting a notification of the accepted abstracts. The exception to this is to register between 11-17th of March 2019 - then the payment deadline is 21th of March. After this date payment will not be accepted.
2. Transfer data:
PLN: 94 1020 3147 0000 8002 0084 6238
EUR: PL 50 1020 3147 0000 8202 0084 6253 SWIFT: BPKOPLPW
Medical University of Lublin
Please title the transfer: 21stIMC_Name_Surname
3. Registration fee is 120 PLN (30 EUR) for active participants and 100 PLN (25 EUR) for passive participants.
4. Conference fee allows the participants to prepare and share with the audience a maximum of two papers.
5. In case the participant would want to present three scientific papers, an additional payment is occurs in the amount of 50 PLN (13 EUR).
V. Cancellation of participation
1. Cancellation of participation can be announced only by contacting the organizers by email on the address: email@example.com
2. Registration fees and other payments will not be reimbursed.
VI. Abstract guidelines
1. The deadline for abstracts submission is the 17th of March 2019. Submissions received after this deadline will not be considered.
a) The title should not exceed 30 words. It should contain the type of study you carried out (e.g. review, retrospective study, controlled prospective trial) as well as the main findings of your research.
a) Abstracts must include the names of the author, co-authors and tutor.
b) All abstracts should be written in English.
c) The abstract should not exceed 300 words excluding the title, authors, affiliation, supervisors, headlines.
d) Abstracts for Original Papers and Poster sessions will should consist of 6 parts: Introduction, Aim, Material and Methods, Results, Conclusion and Keywords (2-4).
e) Abstracts for Case Report session should consist of 4 parts: Background, Case report, Conclusions, Keywords (2-4).
f) If abbreviations are used they must be declared on first use - e.g. body-mass index (BMI).
g) All abstracts will be reviewed by the Scientific Committee. It maintains the right to reject any abstract that does NOT meet the requirements or is in violation of them, to change the form of presented abstracts and to transfer them to another session.
VII. Principles and forms of presentations
a) The Presenter has 5 minutes for the presentation in the poster session and 2 minutes for questions from the judges and the audience.
b) The poster must be A1 size (594mm x 841mm).
c) Please note that we cannot offer to print your poster during the Congress.
d) Make sure you state your name and the name of your university on the poster.
2. Original Work – oral presentation
a) The Presenter has 7 minutes for the presentation in the oral session and 3 minutes for questions from the judges and the audience.
3. Case report – oral presentation
a) The Presenter has 7 minutes for the presentation in the case report session and 3 minutes for questions from the judges and the audience.
4. The number of slides is not limited, but we advise the speakers to use maximum of 15 slides. The committee will deduct points for exceeding the time and has right to stop you after 7 minutes.
5. The presentation should be sent to the appropriate session coordinator, before the 3rd of April. All animations and sound files are attached by the authors at their own responsibility. We cannot guarantee that formats other than MS PowerPoint (.ppt) and Adobe Acrobat Reader DC (.pdf) will work on our computers. Please send your presentation in both formats: .ppt and .pdf and for safety bring it with you on the USB-Drive. We are not responsible for the lack of the presentation that are sent after the deadline.
6. Please use the following file naming algorithm: name_surname_name of the session_ tittle.ppt - e.g anna_nowak_public health session_benefits of vitamin C supplementation.ppt
7. Make sure your name, affiliation and your university’s logo are visible on your presentation or poster.
VIII. Please note that all presentations will be evaluated by the Scientific Committee. Points will be given for:
2. Presentation style and the involvement of the audience
3. Visual effects and clarity of presentation (aim, hypothesis, results, conclusion and significance of presented work)
4. Time adherence
5. Ability to answer follow-up questions
IX. The best presentations will be rewarded and prizes will be given during the closing ceremony.
X. The language of presentation is only English.
1. The discussion might be performed in Polish language.
XI. Personal data protection
1. In connection with registration at the 21st Century Medicine Conference - International Medical Congress for Students and Young Doctors, personal data are collected from persons registering which are including: name, surname, title, gender,birthdate, address, ZIP code, phone number,e-mail address, type of diet, country of origin, affiliation of scientific work, data for invoice.
2. Personal data included in the application form are provided by the applicants voluntarily. Their transmission is necessary in order to achieve the purpose of processing, i.e. registration and participation in the Congress.
3.The organizer of the Medical University of Lublin has the status of an administrator and as regards the organization of the Congress and data processing of its participants. the controller of the personal data filing system shall inform that the data collected are processed in compliance with the requirements of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (the so-called General Regulation on the protection of personal data/RODO). Personal data will only be processed for the purpose of registering participation in and organisation of the the Congress and for statistical and archival purposes, as well as to identify and pursue possible claims. The basis for data processing is Article 6(1)(b) of the General Regulation on the Protection of Personal Data), i.e. the fact that it is necessary for the performance of the contract to which the participant is a party and actions at the request of the data subject prior to the conclusion of the contract.
4.The registrant may give his or her voluntary consent to the fixation free of charge. the image during the Congress and for an unlimited period of time and territorially using and distributing materials with its image by Medical University of Lublin with the seat of AI. Racławickie 1, 20-059 Lublin, in the form of traditional and electronic publications related to the promotion of the Congress, pursuant to the Act of 4 February 1994 on Copyright and Related Law (i.e. the Act on Copyright and Related Law, Journal of Laws of 2002, No. 153, item 259, as amended). The Act on Copyright and Related Rights of 4 February 1994 (i.e. Journal of Laws, Dz.U. 2017 over 880). The person giving consent is aware that the granted consent may be revoked. at any time, in a manner as easy as it is expressed, i.e. by written notification to the contact address of the University or the Congress ( firstname.lastname@example.org ), while the withdrawal of consent will not affect the operations carried out until it is revoked.
5. the collected data will not be sold or made available to entities external, except as provided for by law, including those with which the controller enters into appropriate agreements, e.g. in connection with the use of external services, e.g. in the area of IT, will also not betransferred to third countries and international organisations. They will be processed in the period of, the Congress as well as the archiving of documents after the Congress. The end of the Congress, in accordance with the provisions of law and the procedures of the administrator, and in the case of potential claims in the periods resulting from the provisions of law common law. The data subject shall have the right of access to his or her personal data. In the cases provided for by law, he has the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority. The data will not be used for any other purpose, will not be based on any automated decisions, will not be subject to profiling. The controller of personal data has appointed a person supervising the correctness of personal data processing, who can be contacted at the following address: email@example.com
6.Multimedia materials, which are provided by persons qualified to participate in the Congress , are provided voluntarily to the organizer. Their transfer is connected with the realization of the purpose of presenting their scientific achievements on the forum for the exchange of knowledge and scientific experience, which is the Congress. The Organizer of the Medical University of Lublin has the status of an administrator in the processing of multimedia materials of its participants and, as the administrator of the multimedia materials collection, informs that the materials provided will be processed solely for the purpose of presenting their scientific achievements by their participants in the forum for the exchange of knowledge and scientific experience, such as the Congress, as well as for statistical and archival purposes, as well as to determine and assert any possible claims. The collected materials shall not be sold or made available to external entities, except in cases provided for by law, including those with which the administrator concludes appropriate agreements, e.g. in connection with the use of external services, e.g. in the area of IT, shall not be either transferred to third countries and international organisations. They will be processed in the period of the Congress, as well as the archiving of documents after the Congress . the end of the conference, in accordance with the provisions of law and the procedures of the administrator, and in the case of potential claims in the periods resulting from the provisions of law common law. The materials provided will not be used for any other purpose, will not be based on any automated decision making and will not be subject to profiling.
XII. All disputable issues not included in the regulations will be resolved by the organizing committee.
XIII. Organizing Committee as the right to postpone given dates:
17th of March 2019 Registration Deadline
17th March 2019 Abstract Submission Deadline
19th March 2019 Last Term of Notification of the Accepted Abstracts
18th February 2019 Conference Fee Payment Opening
21th March 2019 Conference Fee Payment Deadline
26th March - 3th April 2019 Each participant must send the presentation by e-mail
6th April 2019 – 21st Century Medicine – International Medical Congress for Students and Young Doctors in Medical University of Lublin
21st Century Medicine –
International Medical Congress
for Students and Young Doctors
Medical University of Lublin
The organization of Young Medics - EMSA Lublin, invites you to participate in the fourth edition
of the 21st Century Medicine Conference - International Medical Congress for Students and Young Doctors,
which will take place on 06/04/2019 in Lublin.
The idea of this meeting is to present scientific achievements in the field of medical and natural sciences
by students and PhD students from both Poland and other countries. The conference is a great opportunity
to exchange ideas and views of young scientists and will enable them to gain practical skills through
participation in workshops and lectures.